loader

Chereponi conflict: Solomon Boar charges media to shun negative reportage


Date: Thursday May 30, 2019, 8:56 am


By: WatchGhana.Com/Edmond Gyebi


Foto
Hon. Solomon Boar, North East Regional Minister
The Minister for the North East Region, Mr. Solomon Boar has passionately appealed to the media in and outside the region to play their expected role as key stakeholders in finding lasting solution to the bloody conflicts between Konkombas and Chokosis rather than feeding the public with negative reportage. 
 
According to the Minister, the neutrality and professionalism of the media was very crucial at this time that the Government and other key stakeholders were exploring every avenue to unite the two ethnic groups to pave way for the development of the area.

The Former Deputy Northern Regional Minister said, in as much as he appreciated some of the Journalists for their excellence and professionalism, he could not gloss over the numerous false, malicious and alarming reportage by some [Journalists] which continued to create fear and panic among the people.

Foto
Earlier this week, Mr. Boar issued a statement to condemn the deliberate circulation of some gory pictures of gruesomely murdered people purported to have resulted from the Konkomba-Chereponi conflict. The said pictures are in wild circulation on social media by some reporters and social media commentators, which he said sought to heighten the conflict. Meanwhile, the said pictures according the Regional Minister did not emanate from Chereponi or Saboba Districts, and thus appealed to the public especially Konkombas and Chokosis in other parts of Ghana and abroad to disregard them. Mr. Solomon Boar who is also the Member of Parliament for Bunkpurugu Constituency said that the media is expected to always give accurate, fair and balanced reportage to shape opinions and judgement of the masses, and not to meddle in needless negativities. Presently, there is uneasy calm in the Chereponi and Saboba Districts of the North East Region following a renewed conflict between the Chokosis and Konkombas in the area over a parcel of land. The incident occurred two days after a historic visit by the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo who passionately appealed to both the Konkombas and the Chokosis to desist from using destructive violence to settle every little dispute.
Foto
The Government on the advice of the Regional Security Council, Interior and Defence Ministries has reviewed the existing curfew and also deployed heavy security personnel to the area. Read the FULL Statement Good morning fellow countrymen and ladies My attention has been drawn to some pictures being circulated on social media especially Facebook by one Luqman Abubakari Luqman, Bashiru Bejejugu indicating that Chakosis are being slaughtered by Konkombas I will like to place on record that such information is highly mischievous! Those pictures have no bearing with the Chereponi conflict and should be ignored by all. Whilst alerting the public about such mischievous post I will like to use this opportunity to condemn such kind of mischief! It does not help in the peace building process. North East Regional Minister Hon Solomon Boar.

Source: WatchGhana.Com/Edmond Gyebi

foto
Author: WatchGhana.Com    Verified

Comments

  • foto
    2 days ago
    
    
  • foto
    6 days ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 week ago
    
    
  • foto
    2 weeks ago
    
    
  • foto
    4 weeks ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    1 month ago
    
    
  • foto
    2 months ago
    
    
  • foto
    2 months ago
    
    
  • foto
    2 months ago
    
    

leave a reply


Related Stories

Headline Story

Recent Posts

more headlines in our related posts

latest # news